Northgate Yard Bridgwater, UKBack to Our Work
Northgate Yard is a £16million development featuring a 7-screen cinema, 8-lane bowling alley, sports bar and four restaurants.
Sedgemoor District Council was seeking to appoint a suitably qualified design team to undertake design and project management work for a cinema, food and beverage leisure development, on land at Northgate/Mount Street in Bridgwater, Somerset.
The 5 key objectives set out by Sedgemoor District Council for the project were:
- To deliver a cinema-led leisure development with 4 restaurants and a gym, which will be delivered by the Council and open for business by Autumn 2022;
- To deliver the project within the agreed project budget and programme;
- To deliver a high quality design that promotes a positive image for the town centre
- To engage positively with town centre stakeholders during the design and delivery phase
- To ensure the value for money and a lasting, positive legacy is created for the scheme
The brand new entertainment and dining hub called Northgate Yard will be in the heart of Bridgwater. With anchor tenants, WTW Scott Cinemas and Allstars Bowling and Sports Bar the development will become a landmark destination attracting locals and visitors of all ages both during the day and for night-time entertainment when it opens in Autumn 2022.