Corstorphine + Wright is a leading AJ100 listed Architectural Practice. We have had an incredible 5 years, expanding our number of studios, growing headcount and significantly increasing the number of live projects.
As one of the UK’s fastest growing practices we have an exciting new role for a Studio Coordinator to be based in our central Birmingham Office.
A key role within the Practice, the Studio Coordinator will provide first class support to the Project Teams, including Directors, Associates, Project Architects and the wider architectural team.
You will not only take responsibility for the teams you support but also for the space that you work in. This will directly ensure that Studio is run efficiently, allowing the team to concentrate on delivering exceptional projects.
Skills and Experience:
The right candidate will have the following attributes;
- A bright, positive attitude with a willingness to be flexible and help out when needed
- Highly organised with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong team player, providing support to project teams as well as wider reception team as and when required
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proactive approach when dealing with issues
- Ability to communicate on all levels with a high level of professionalism
- Ability to coordinate numerous tasks concurrently & prioritise
- Works well without supervision and is highly motivated
Life at Corstorphine + Wright never stands still so the right candidate will flourish in fast-paced environment where the key to success is proactivity and communication.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Answer the telephone & manage reception
- Act as first point of contact within the Studio for clients and visitors
- Manage the Studio Meeting Room, including arranging refreshments when required
- Organise any required post/couriers
- Manage and update the office protocols with our internal Quality Assurance
- Assist with the chasing of timesheet completion
- Overview staff holidays to ensure no clashes within teams
- Organise staff training (including CPDs, CITB Testing & Asbestos Training)
- Work with the wider support team to ensure efficiency across the Practice
- Ensure buildings/office H&S policies are followed & acting as a key contact for the building’s management company.
- Maintain updated inventory of office content
- Manage office supplies & stationary
Project Related Administration:
- Arrange all travel – Trains, flights, hotels, car hire, visas, insurance and overseas travel
- Preparation and assembly of documents for meetings, submissions & presentations including printing, binding and scanning
- Typing and formatting of project related correspondence including letters, memos, minutes, reports and agendas for the Directors and Associates
- Supporting in collating documents for bids including proof reading, compiling information and digital distribution
- Support the studio resourcing Director with weekly updates of CMAP to ensure future staff allocation is up to date and accurately reflect upcoming staff availability or requirements for additional staff
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organisational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the post holder
£19-23k (dependant on experience)
If you have a particular interest in the property sector and would like to work for a company that have an outstanding reputation, please apply today by sending your CV to [email protected]